What is LifeLock?
LifeLock is a company that provides identity theft protection services to consumers in the United States. It was founded in 2005 and has become the industry leader in theft protection services. It the simplest words, LifeLock helps monitor and protect your private and personal information from identity theft thieves.
How Much Does LifeLock Cost?
LifeLock has two identity theft protection plans that you can choose from. There is the LifeLock Ultimate which is $25/mo and LifeLock Basic which is $10/mo. Depending on the budget you have, you can select either plan and begin with a 30-day free trail. If you decide that the service is not right for you, you simply call their customer service and cancel the service before the free trail ends. If cancelled before the 30-day free trail, you will not be charged. If you decide to keep the service, the membership will automatically renew.
How Does LifeLock Protect Me?
You might think that you do not need identity protection, but we all do. LifeLock does more than just monitoring your information, they help protect your personal information. The basic membership includes:
- Identity Threat Detection and Alerts – alerts you when it detects suspicious activity
- Lost Wallet Protection – helps protect and replace stolen contents (including credit cards, driver license, social security card, checks, etc.)
- Address Change Verification – notifies you any time a change of address is requested under your name
- Black Market Website Surveillance – notifies you if your private information is found on black market websites
- Reduced Pre-Approved Credit Card Offers – removes your name from credit card companies pre-approved mailing list
- Customer Service – available 24/7 every single day throughout the year (including holidays)
- $1 Million Service Guarantee – if you become a victim while with them, they will spend $1 million to help for your recovery
Is LifeLock Worth It?
Absolutely, it is worth every penny. Why? I’ve had my wallet stolen in 2009 and it was a complete nightmare for me. I saw a LifeLock commercial and decided to give them a try and they turned my nightmare into a sweet dream. All my information was protected and replaced. Ever since that day, nobody has tried to use my information nor has my credit been ruined. I started with the ultimate plan but have recently switched down to the basic protection.
One thing I know for sure is that you can never be 100% sure that your information is safe. You do not have to lose your wallet, there is numerous of security breaches every year that can put your personal information at risk.
Start protecting your identity with LifeLock.