FaxNGo is a new online fax service that offers unlimited incoming faxe pages, 150 outgoing pages, mobile apps and esignatures for $12.90 per month or $99.90 per year. The bottom line: this service has promise, but is currently beset with too many issues to be worthy of consideration. Continue reading
As of July 2013, BigCommerce integrates with Stripe payment gateway. Many of their clients have requested this feature (including myself) and BigCommerce has listened. You can now accept credit card payments without paying monthly gateway fees. Stripe is probably one of the easiest ways to accept credit cards through your online store. Continue reading
Best Online Fax Service: Overview
Are you looking for the best online fax service for yourself or your business? Since most of us are dumping our fax machines and joining an internet based fax service; there are plenty of online fax services available. However, picking the right fax service can be a bit difficult as you have plenty of options. We have developed a list of the best online fax service providers to make your choice a bit easier. Continue reading
MetroFax Review: Overview
Are you looking for a reliable online fax service provider? There are countless amount of options available and you have plenty of flexibility when picking a fax service. MetroFax might not be a well-known provider; however, it offers one of the best online fax services. Whether you are in need of basic faxing or a major corporation, MetroFax has the right plan for you. Continue reading
eFax Review: Overview
As the costs of maintaining a fax machine rise, most users are turning to cheaper alternatives. Online faxing has increased in popularity over the past years. eFax is a name most of us know and trust very well. They provide reliable web-based faxing without the need of a fax machine. Their fax service is very popular, but that does not mean it is the best. We encourage you to read this eFax review before deciding on any fax service.
Primary Features Overview
Each online fax service is unique in its own way and most of them do a pretty good job in terms of features. eFax gives you an easy to use fax service, along with quality features that will come in handy.
- Fax Number Options – eFax allows you to choose a local, toll-free, or international number. You have plenty of flexibility when choosing a fax number.
- Sending and Receiving Faxes – Send and receive faxes using the web-based dashboard, email, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, etc.). Send faxes from 5 different email addresses.
- Fax Preview – View your fax before it is send. This feature allows you to see what your recipient will receive.
- Fax Archives – All of your faxes that you have sent and received are stored for the life of your account.
- Search Faxes – All of your faxes can be found by entering a simple keyword that matches anything on your fax.
- Address Book – Enter all of your contacts into your address book for easy faxing. You can also import and export all of your contacts.
- Expanded Coverage – Since their client base is growing, eFax has expanded its coverage so that more clients have access to local numbers.
- Security – All of your faxes are securely stored on their servers. Every fax that is sent and received, it is encrypted with added security and confidentiality.
- Fax Alerts – Receive alerts every time you receive or successfully send a fax.
- File Formats and Sharing – EFax allows you to fax large files that regular email doesn’t. They support over 30 file formats including PDF, JPEG, DOC, and XLS.
- Digitized Signature – This cool feature lets you electronically sign your signature on faxes. You simply drag and drop your signature stamps onto the document.
- Mobile Capability – Send and receive faxes using an iPhone and/or Android mobile devices.
Our eFax review went over most of the features associated with their faxing service; a complete feature list can be found on their website.
Plans and Pricing
While doing our eFax review, we found that they make online faxing affordable – giving you two plan options to fit most budgets. You are allowed to fully test out their service by signing up for their 30 day free trail. The free trail is absolutely free and you can cancel anytime and you will not be charged. If you decide to keep the service, you will be charged the full amount of the plan you select on the 31st day of your service.
- eFax Plus – This plan costs $16.95 per month (or $14.13 for annual prepayments) and entitles you to all of their primary features and the ability to send and receive a total of 300 pages per month (150 send pages and 150 received pages). The eFax Plus plan has a one-time setup fee of $10.
- eFax Pro – This plan costs $19.95 per month (or $16.63 for annual prepayments) and entitles you to all of their primary features and the ability to send and receive a total of 400 pages per month (200 send pages and 200 received pages). The eFax Plus plan has a one-time setup fee of $19.95.
Q: Which is the better plan?
A: The question above can be answered using both plans as it all depends on the amount of faxing you do. Unless you are planning on sending more than 150 pages per month, I would recommend the eFax Plus plan. The eFax Plus plan will end up saving you over $40 per year.
The next part of our eFax review is extra features – which is usually a small fee if you go over your monthly page limits. As mentioned above, the setup fee of your online faxing account will range from $10 to $19.95. Although, it is a one-time fee, it is still a fee to take into consideration. eFax charges ten cents for every page that you go over your monthly page limit. However, if you stay within your monthly limits, you do not have to worry about their overage page fees. Additionally, there are no contracts fees of any sort.
Ease of Use
eFax makes it easy for anyone to send and receive faxes without the need of a fax machine. Their web-based account allows you to send, view, and print your faxes. Integration with other services is extremely smooth. If you do not understand something or need help, their guides will explain the process for you.
Help and Support
Customer support is available 24/7 via phone, email, and live chat. However, some of the contact methods might be limited throughout the day. Additionally, eFax gives you tons of resources including FAQs, guides, and troubleshooting documentation. Most of your questions can be answered by browsing through one of their available resources.
- Receive fax alerts on incoming faxes and each successful fax delivery to your recipient.
- Strong mobile interface allows you to send and receive faxes on the go.
- Does not require you to own an actual fax machine. Although, you can integrate one.
- eFax has one-time account setup fees between $10 to $19.95.
- Each time you go over monthly page limit, you will be charged ten cents per page.
eFax Review: Summary
eFax is simplifying the way faxes are being sent and received without the need of a fax machine. Their primary features make online faxing more convenient and easier to use. They are one of the first online fax services that allow you to sign documents electronically.
With plans starting as low as $16.95 per month, you will not have a problem dumping your expensive fax machine. It might not be considered the best online fax service, however, it is somewhere in the top five. Additionally, you do not have anything to lose by starting your 30 day free trail.
As always, be sure to leave us a comment below if you have any additions to our eFax review or if you simply want to share your experience with us.
MyFax Review: Overview
MyFax has simplified the way we send and receive online faxes. They make it easy to send faxes from practically anywhere. When it comes to faxing services, it is a good idea to learn a bit more about what they have to offer. They are owned and operated by j2 Global and MyFax has built a very decent client base over the past years; making it one of the top online fax services. Continue reading
StreamSend Review: Overview
In the 21st century, a good portion of us use email as our main communication method. Email marketing is one of the best ways to promote websites, online stores, blogs, and new product releases. StreamSend email marketing makes it easy and affordable to create campaigns to target your subscribers. StreamSend has several plans that start from $19.90 per month. Depending on the plan you choose, you can send 2,000 to 150,000 emails per month.
StreamSend Primary Features
When selecting an email marketing provider, features are important and should not be overlooked. With StreamSend, you get the features you need to create and send successful email campaigns.
- Sign-Up Forms: Easily create and set up custom sign-up forms on your website or blog.
- Importing and Exporting: StreamSend allows you to import and export your subscriber list using Excel.
- Subscription Management: Their management tools track all of your unsubscribed and subscribed clients. Their opt-in features allows clients to confirm their subscription to your newsletter.
- List Segmentation: The segmentation allows you to send targeted campaigns based on specific and relevant options based on your clients.
- Design: Create your own template or pick one of their templates. Their HTML editor allows you to edit all templates. SendStream logo will not be seen within your campaigns.
- Campaign Editing: Adjustable fields such as from, reply, and show your clients name in the subject line.
- Social Sharing: Enable social sharing buttons within your email campaigns so clients can share your emails.
- Autoresponders: Send scheduled campaigns.
- Tracking and Reporting Tools: Real-time tracking tools allow you to view how many clients open, view, and click on your campaigns. StreamSend allows you to easily integrate with Google Analytics.
StreamSend Plans and Pricing
StreamSend starts you off with a free 30 day free trail. The free trail allows you to fully test their email marketing service. They do not have any discounts if you prepay in advance.
- The $19.90 per month plan entitles you to send 2,000 emails per month. Each additional 1,000 emails cost an extra $5. Let’s say you send 4,000 emails per month, you will end up paying $29.90 for that month.
- The $39.90 per month plan entitles you to send 10,000 emails per month. Each additional 1,000 emails can be purchased for $4.
- The $59.90 per month plan entitles you to send 20,000 emails per month. Each additional 1,000 emails can be purchased for $3.
- The $99.90 per month plan entitles you to send 50,000 emails per month. Each additional 1,000 emails can be purchased for $2.
- The $159.90 per month plan entitles you to send 100,000 emails per month. Each additional 1,000 emails can be purchased for $1.60.
- The $209.90 per month plan entitles you to send 150,000 emails per month. Each additional 1,000 emails can be purchased for $1.40.
- and volume pricing for businesses that plan on sending more than 150,000 emails per month.
StreamSend has over 80 free templates that you can use for your campaigns. If you cannot find anything you like, you can design and upload your own template. They also allow you to tweak their free templates.
Ease of Use
Overall, StreamSend makes it simple to create and send email campaigns to your clients. The process of adding sign up forms onto your site requires no HTML knowledge. However, their account dashboard is not very user-friendly.
Help and Support
Customer support is available Monday through Friday phone and email. StreamSend has a very extensive knowledge base consisting of guides, tutorials, and documentation. Overall, if you need assistance with their email marketing service, their help and support team will be very useful.
- StreamSend makes it easy to create and send email campaigns.
- Their plan pricing is reasonable and extra emails can be purchased without upgrading plans.
- They do not have a 24/7 help and support team.
- Their email marketing service lacks quality features.
- StreamSend plans are based on the amount of emails you send per month; not based on your subscriber size.
StreamSend Review: Summary
StreamSend is your average email marketing service, giving you just enough features to run smooth campaigns. Although, the service lacks several quality features that other email marketing services provide its users.
Plans start at $19.90 per month and allow you to purchase additional emails without changing your monthly plan. This option allows more flexibility and less commitment.
If you are looking for a basic email marketing service, StreamSend is a good fit for you. Sign up for their free 30 day free trail and decide if it’s right for you.