FaxNGo is a new online fax service that offers unlimited incoming faxe pages, 150 outgoing pages, mobile apps and esignatures for $12.90 per month or $99.90 per year. The bottom line: this service has promise, but is currently beset with too many issues to be worthy of consideration.
Things to like about FaxNGo:
- The service offers mobile apps for both iOS and Android with great user interfaces and e-signing capabilities
- The online interface is relatively intuitive and very simple to use
Things not to like about FaxNGo:
- Faxes sent from the iOS app didn’t send (two attempts)
- No way to send faxes from email (you must send faxes through the online interface or, theoretically, the apps)
- Only one email address can receive incoming faxes
- No toll free numbers are available
- Very limited customer service
- Very limited information about the service available on the company’s website
- Can only send PDFs (no jpg, docx, etc)
- No online address book option
- Convoluted sign-up process
Unfortunately for now, the cons drastically outweigh the pros. Hopefully ClickMeIn, FaxNGo’s parent company, will continue to invest in the product to make it a worthy challenger to the industry leaders: eFax, RingCentral, Nextiva and HelloFax.