GoDaddy is one of the largest web hosting providers and is the leader in domain registrations. Not only do they offer hosting and domains, they have a wide range of products including SSL certificates, ecommerce solutions, marketing tools, and much more. Our unbiased GoDaddy review will show you a bit more about their service and will even give you an idea if their web hosting is right for your website or blog.
Plans and Pricing
Regardless of what service you are looking for, GoDaddy has reasonable pricing across its entire product line. They have 3 shared web hosting plans to choose from. Here is how they compare to one another:
- Economy – This plan starts from $2.99 per month and entitles you to unlimited bandwidth, 100 GB of disk space, 100 email accounts, 10 MySQL databases, and the ability to host one domain. Their economy plan is compatible with both Linux and Windows OS. Each economy plan purchase entitles you to a free $100 in ad credits.
- Deluxe – This plan costs $4.49 per month and entitles you to unlimited bandwidth, disk space, and hosted domains. The deluxe plan allows you to create 500 emall accounts and 25 MySQL databases. They allow you to choose Linux or Windows OS and give you $100 in free ad credits. This plan gives you a free mobile version of your site.
- Ultimate – This plan costs $7.49 per month and entitles you to unlimited bandwidth, disk space, email accounts, MySQL databases, and the ability to host as many domains as you want. The ultimate plan is compatible with Linux and Windows OS. They give you $150 in free ad credits and give you some additional features including mobile site, website accelerator, premium DNS, SSL certificate, and malware scanner.
If you are looking for advanced hosting, GoDaddy has additional services including:
- VPS hosting starting at $26.99 per month
- Dedicated hosting starting at $89.99 per month
- Managed hosting starting at $232.72 per month
- Reseller hosting starting at $37.99 per month
Q: What is the best GoDaddy shared web hosting plan?
A: The answer will strongly depend on the type of website you have and what you will be using it for. In most cases, I would go with their deluxe plan because you have the ability to host unlimited domains with one hosting account.
Hosting Plan Features
GoDaddy’s web hosting plans comes with the same features, regardless of how you pay or what plan you end up going with. Here is what you get with each plan:
- Free domain with any annual hosting plan purchase
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Compatible with Linux or Windows operating system
- Custom control panel
- Web-based email access or use their desktop app to view emails right from your desktop
- 1 click application install including WordPress, Joomla, Druplal, Zen Cart, and osCommerce
- 24/7 customer support via phone, email, chat, and Twitter
- 99.9% hosted site uptime
To be honest, web hosting will never come with pages and pages of features as it’s just not possible and not necessary. All web hosting providers should have a decent uptime of at least 99%, easy application installs, unlimited bandwidth and decent disk space along with a way to access your emails. GoDaddy does everything mentioned; however, it does not have a cPanel control interface. Their custom control panel isn’t bad, but it lacks features that the cPanel would have.
Control Panel Interface and Ease of Use
I’ve seen countless reviews stating that GoDaddy is difficult to use. These reviews are inaccurate and complete lies. Yes, GoDaddy does not have the famous cPanel, but its custom one is just as simple. Everything is automatically set up for you, whether its web hosting or application installations. Creating databases and accessing your email can be done from your control panel. Their custom control panel makes it easy to navigate and get things done.
Now, what do you see that is hard about all of this?
Website Building and Design Tools
Their site and instant page builder allow you the create the layout of your website by uploading images and creating pages. The site builder is pretty easy to use and can be done within minutes. However, it only allows you to create a few pages and you would have to purchase a web building plan to create a complete website. The sample site builder does not give you any templates to choose from.
Help and Support
Customer support is available 24/7 via phone, email, chat, and even Twitter. Most of your questions can be answered in their discussion forums and guides. Late night calls usually have very long hold time. Their support is good for anything related to web hosting or GoDaddy. However, for third party applications such as WordPress, GoDaddy is pretty much useless. But then again, you want GoDaddy for web hosting not for designing your WordPress website.
Pros and Cons
✓Their web hosting is one of the cheapest, starting at a low rate of $2.99 per month.
✓All of their shared web hosting plans entitle you to unlimited bandwidth.
✓There are several scripts that can be installed with one click.
✓Their help and support is available 24/7 and most calls are answered within five minutes.
✓All of their web hosting has an incredible 99.9% uptime guarantee.
✗GoDaddy does not have the popular cPanel control interface.
GoDaddy offers incredible shared web hosting at very competitive monthly pricing. They are known for having the best pricing on most of their services.
Their plans start from $2.99 per month and entitles you to unlimited bandwidth and 100 GB of disk space. Additionally, you can upgrade and downgrade between their hosting plans at any time.
Get your first month of web hosting for only $1.99 with GoDaddy.
Do you have anything that you would like to add to our GoDaddy review? Leave us a comment below!