Fortune3 shopping cart is truly an incredible piece of software. They have emerged into a larger ecommerce solution, while offering reasonable pricing on all of their plans. With unlimited bandwidth and no hidden fees, Fortune3 is an efficient way to sell online.
The shopping cart was built with plenty of features that will help your store succeed. Fortune3 seems to adapt to the changing ecommerce business, by constantly updating and bringing new features to the market. Nonetheless, our Fortune3 review will make your choice easier when determining if it is right for your business.
Fortune3 Plans and Pricing
Fortune3 starts you off with an amazing 30-day free trail, you have full 30 days to test out the software and see if its right for your business. There are six monthly plans that range from $24.95 to $899.95. The $24.95 plan has no setup fees and gives you the ability to list up to 50 products. You have unlimited bandwidth and no transaction fees (if you use their payment gateway). If you do not use their payment gateway, they charge transaction fees of 1%. If you plan on using Fortune3, I strongly recommend to use their payment gateway to avoid these transaction fees. Otherwise, to avoid any transaction fees, you would have to go with the $899.95/mo plan.
The features are very competitive and will contribute to the efficiency of your store. Plus, features are constantly being added during updates, to ensure that you stay on top of your competition. Let’s take a look at some features:
- Store and Product Setup – The setup wizard installs the actual store on your domain, you have to add content and products. After you have your store setup, you can easily add and edit products right from your dashboard. You can even make bulk changes to all of your products.
- Design and Customization – There is no need to know any HTML to design your store. There is over 40 dynamic templates to choose from. You have full control over logos, pages, and the actual theme settings. The software is also compatible with Fireworks, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver. You have the option to go with a one page checkout or a three page checkout, I prefer the simpler one page checkout for all my ecommerce websites. All designs are compatible with mobile and tablet devices.
- Shipping and Taxes – Integrate live shipping quotes from major shipping carriers like FedEx, USPS, and UPS. Create your own custom shipping methods and rates. Print labels right from your dashboard using their integration tools with shipping software. You can also create multiple tax settings. There is also an automated customer return system.
- Order Management – Process orders and print shipping labels right from the account dashboard. View unfinished orders and custom conversion reports. Customers can track the status of their order directly on your store. Manage your store using your mobile device.
- SEO and Marketing – Built-in automatic search engine optimization. Manual and automatic creation of meta keywords, titles, and descriptions to give you the best search engine ranking. Submit your store and pages to search engines using their SEO tool. Automated affiliate program gives your customers the ability to promote your store and earn a commission that you set. Create product feeds for Google, Yahoo, and other search engine comparison sites. Sell and market your products on your own Facebook store. Create promotions and coupons directly on your dashboards. There are also custom newsletters.
- Payment Gateways – Over 50 payment gateways including PayPal, Google Wallet, Authorize.Net, 2Checkout, and more. I would go with their own payment gateway.
- Hosting and Security – Unlimited bandwidth and hosting space. Fully PCI-Compliant shopping cart software and a free SSL protection. Your store will always be live with their 99.9% uptime guarantee.
You can view a complete list of features by visiting Fortune3.
Theme Selection – There are over 40 free templates that you can use or design your own. You can buy custom templates. Here are some free templates:
Ease of Use
If you are a beginner in the whole ecommerce business, Fortune3 software can get a little tricky for you. You have to download the software and design in through the program you download. However, if you are comfortable with design, you can make your store look pretty good. Once you get the designing out of the way, the software is simple and straight forward. We rated this part a bit lower because it can get confusing and due to the fact that you have to download the software.
Help and Support
Customer support is available 24/7 via phone, email, and live chat, even on holidays. You also have a full knowledge base and online forum. There are also a hundreds of wizard help manuals. The actual tech support is extremely knowledgeable and they know their software inside and out.
Conclusion and Pros & Cons
If you are patient, willing to learn, and know the basic about ecommerce, I would recommend this software. The software will update for free whenever there is a new feature available, which is vital to keeping up with the trending ecommerce tools and features. However, if you are a beginner in the whole ecommerce business, I would suggest testing out their 30-day free trail before making a decision.
- Extensive features
- Low price
- No bandwidth fees
- 24/7 customer support
- Downloading software
- Theme selection
- Transaction fees (if you do not use their gateway)