CoreCommerce price, features, and its simplicity make it one of the top shopping carts in 2013. With several plans to choose from, any business is a good fit for CoreCommerce. The good thing with this shopping cart is that there are no transaction fees.
No matter what plan you go with, you do not lose any features or gain additional ones by going with a more expensive plan. You can easily upgrade or downgrade if you feel that you need a bigger plan.
Continue reading our complete CoreCommerce review to see if their shopping cart is good enough for your online store.
Primary Features Overview
The features included are good for any type of business. With automatic updates, the software will keep your store updated and running more efficiently. Here are some key features:
- Designing Your Store – Their setup wizard guides you through the creation of your store. Create your store by using one of their 100 available themes or modify them to fit your store. If you do not see a theme you want, their in house design experts can design a custom theme for your store. You have the ability to create unlimited forms, pages, and update all pages to match the look of your store. There is no need to know HTML to edit and update your store.
- Store Administration – View and process orders directly from your store dashboard. Several built-in reports for tracking daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly sales. Manage customer returns right from your dashboard. Changing store settings and configuring anything store related, is done right from your dashboard. Easily add products and manage inventory in one place.
- SEO Tools – The entire store is search engine optimized. Clean URL’s, header tags, meta tags, image tags are all built in the software to give you full control over SEO.
- Marketing – Automatically email customers to up-sell and cross-sell your products. Product feeds for Google, Yahoo, and other comparison search engines. Affiliate program so that individuals can promote your store. Coupons, gift certificates, gift registry, reward points, and refer a friend are all attractive marketing tools for obtaining a larger customer base. Product reviews are vital for any shopping cart as it can help other customers make buying decisions. There are several social sharing tools.
- Payment Gateways – Over 26 payment gateways that can be used on your store, including PayPal, Google Wallet, and Authorize.Net. There are also other common gateways that you can choose from.
- Hosting and Security – Free shared SSL and a firewall are included with every plan. They promise a 99.9& uptime guarantee.
You can view the full feature list by visiting CoreCommerce.
CoreCommerce Plans and Pricing
There are no contracts or transaction fees, and you can start a no risk 15-day free trail before signing up for a plan. After the trail period ends, you have a choice of 5 plans, ranging from $24.99 to $159.99 a month. The lowest plan gives you the ability to list 150 products and create up to 5 email accounts. You have 2 GB of bandwidth and 500 MB of storage space.
- Pioneer Plan – This plan costs $24.99 per month and entitles you 150 products, 5 email accounts, 2 GB of bandwidth, 500 MB of storage, and no transaction fees. Their lowest plan gives you a larger product and bandwidth limit.
- Advanced Plan – This plan costs $39.99 per month and entitles you 500 products, 10 email accounts, 4 GB of bandwidth, 700 MB of storage, and no transaction fees.
- Professional Plan – This plan costs $69.99 per month and entitles you 1,500 products, 15 email accounts, 6 GB of bandwidth, 1 GB of storage, and no transaction fees.
- Expert Plan – This plan costs $109.99 per month and entitles you 10,000 products, 20 email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, 2 GB of storage, and no transaction fees. We think that this is their best plan as it has unlimited bandwidth and a huge product limit. It is always good to pick a larger plan due to the fact that your store will most likely expand over a period of time.
- Premier Plan – This plan costs $159.99 per month and entitles you unlimited products, 25 email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, 4 GB of storage, and no transaction fees. I would only recommend this plan with stores that plan on having more than 10,000 products and stores needing more than 20 email addresses.
Theme Selection – There is a total of 182 free themes to choose from. Most of them are very similar to one another. About half of them need serious updating before adding it to your store because they are not user friendly. Here is what you can expect:
Search Engine Optimization Tools
The CoreCommerce platform allows you to create friendly URLs for better search engine ranking. You have full control over your header, meta, and alt tags. Overall, CoreCommerce is optimized for better search ranking for your store.
In terms of marketing, CoreCommerce has the tools you need to advertise your store and keep customers coming back for more. Such tools include auto email-responders, comparison shopping feeds, coupons, product reviews, reward point system, affiliate program, and refer a friend. All of these features help your store in terms of marketing and growing your customer base.
Ease of Use
CoreCommerce is easy to use and there is a setup wizard that guides you through the installation of your store. Changing or updating your theme requires no coding experience and anyone can do it. The store dashboard is where you do everything store related. Configuring your store settings or updating payment methods is all done straight from the dashboard.
Help and Support
The customer support is available via phone, email, and live chat. Overall, the support team is experience and customer oriented. There are plenty of webinars, tutorial videos, guides, and a community forum for additional help and support. Most of the questions can be answered within their knowledge base. The support team is located within the United States.
Pros and Cons
✓None of the CoreCommerce plans charge you any transaction fees
✓Their reward and affiliate programs are great for larger exposure to your online store
✓CoreCommerce plans are decently priced
✗There are bandwidth limits for the three lower priced plans
✗There is no 24/7 customer support
If you are looking to establish an online store quickly and efficiently, CoreCommerce does everything it advertises and will get your store up and running within minutes. Their nice selection of templates make the design process extremely simple and almost everyone can do it.
None of their plans charge you any transaction fees and there are absolutely no contract or cancellation fees, you can cancel their service anytime. The good thing about CoreCommerce is that you can start with one of their lower priced plans and upgrade as your store grows.