Constant Contact is trusted by over 500,000 small businesses and it continues to be the most popular email marketing service in 2013. Not only does Constant Contact have the most features in the industry, it has one of the best pricing structures available.
In our Constant Contact review, we will go over some of the important features, pricing, pros and cons, and our conclusion at the very end.
Constant Contact Features Review
When it comes to features, Constant Contact has you covered. Here is a look at their primary features:
- Hundreds of templates to choose from
- Easily customize the feel and design to match your business by adding logos, colors, and images
- Simple contact manager and import contacts from Excel, Gmail, Outlook and many more
- Automatic duplicate check and see who has unsubscribed from your mailing list
- Build your list by capturing subscribers from your website and Facebook
- Mobile and iPad apps
- Free personal coach
- Built in social features
- Social share bar allows subscribers to share your emails
- Integrated social buttons allows subscribers to follow you on social networks
- Simple sharing allows you to post to all of your social networking sites
- Real-time reporting
- Track who opens, deletes, clicks, shares your email
- Integrate with Google Analytics
- Benchmarking reports allow you to compare results from prior campaigns
- Customer support via phone, email, and live chat
Plans and Pricing
Constant Contact has four regular plans to choose from and a custom plan for businesses with over 10,000 subscribers. Nonprofit businesses are eligible for a discount of up to 30% off regular plan pricing.
Each plan starts you off with a no risk 60-day free trail and there are no contracts or hidden fees. Here is a look at their pricing structure:
- $15 per month entitles you up to 500 subscribers
- $30 per month entitles you up to 2,500 subscribers
- $50 per month entitles you up to 5,000 subscribers
- $75 per month entitles you up to 10,000 subscribers
- Calling them is required for businesses with over 10,000 subscribers
- 10% discount if prepaid for 6 months
- 15% discount if prepaid for 12 months
- Nonprofit businesses are eligible for a 30% discount
Their plans can get a bit pricey as your subscriber list grows and there are better and cheaper alternatives, however, Constant Contact is worth every penny due to its extensive features.
With hundreds of email templates you can choose from, there will be something for everyone. You can even use their drag and drop editor to edit templates to suit your needs. Beginners can easily create and edit their templates as there is no experience required – it is just that easy. Experts will also enjoy designing their own templates using HTML.
Third Party Integration
Constant Contact gives you the ability to integrate with some of the most popular web hosting companies, ecommerce solutions, and social networks. Each Constant Contact plan allows you to fully integrate with BlueHost, BigCommerce, WordPress, Facebook, and much more.
Ease of Use
As with most other email marketing service, Constant Contact has tons of templates that require no editing and are ready to be sent to your subscribers. However, if you want the emails to match your business, it will require minor HTML skills. The sending process is straightforward and the creation of signup forms is extremely easy and requires no knowledge in HTML.
Help and Support
Customer support is available Monday through Friday via phone, email, and live chat. Constant Contact goes above and beyond by giving you your own personal coach that gives you advice on campaigns and how to achieve the best results. They also have tons of free marketing seminars and webinars.
Pros and Cons
✓Free coaching and marketing seminars
✗Costs more than its competition
Conclusion – Is Constant Contact Worth It?
Email marketing is a tricky business and might not be right for everyone. If you have a decent sized client or subscriber list, than Constant Contact would be the perfect addition to your business. With Constant Contact, you will be able to promote your products or service directly through email that people use and read the most. However, if you do not plan on having any type of mailing list, then email marketing is not for you.
Constant Contact is one of the very few providers that offers one of the longest free trail in the industry. Start your no risk 60-day free trail today!