Are you looking to start your own online store and showcase your products to millions of shoppers searching for items to purchase? As soon as I started my 14-day trail with AmeriCommerce, I was immediately impressed with the software. It looks like it was designed by programmers and it runs that way too. There is no annoying bugs or glitches, it runs smoothly and efficiently. It took me about a week or so to develop a decent looking store – I mean a store that customers would actually buy from. The process is fairly simple and most of you guys can probably put a store together within a couple of days.
The steps provided give you an overall idea of what you need to do for your store to be up and running. Once you sign-up for the 14-day free trail, you gain access to all their features. The account dashboard shows common tasks that are vital and should be completed before launching your web store.
After reading the brief couple of paragraphs above, I am sure you are asking yourself, “Is AmeriCommerce right for my business?” In our AmeriCommerce review, we will elaborate on the price, features, ease of use, customer support, and finally our conclusion with some pros & cons on AmeriCommerce. These sections should give you an idea of what they offer and if they are good for your online business.
Plans and Pricing
The good thing is that you do not have to sign any lousy contracts or commitments. The plan pricing is designed based on the amount of traffic you think your store will receive. There are five plans available that range from $24.95 to $299 a month. Obviously the $24.95/month plan was created for store owners that are not expecting tons of visitors and so on. To be fair in all of my reviews, I always review the lowest possible plan with each shopping cart. The $24.95/plan plan gives you the ability to list up to 100 products and have 2 GB of traffic. If you have under 100 products, you might jump right on this plan without giving any thought to the amount of traffic. If you are expecting your products to be popular, you might want to look at their other plans that offer more traffic. This plan comes with 250 MB of storage and no transaction or setup fees. I hate to see shopping carts charging transaction fees, you are transaction free with AmeriCommerce, though.
Primary Features Overview
As I stated before, the software is build by programmers and it runs just as smooth. Overall, the features are good with room potential for growth.
- Ability To Create Multiple Stores – Multistore and embedded ecommerce tools give you the ability to create and control more than one store. Each store can have its unique design, products, and content, while enjoying all of the software features. You are given all the power and tools to grow a single or multiple online stores.
- Sell Anywhere – Showing your products on Facebook, blogs, and other social websites, has never been easier. Their ecommerce tools help you move items to high traffic social networks that give you the ability to target more customers.
- Design – You have full access to design your store and theme. With the LiveDesign tool, you can easily drag-and-drop layouts and even use point-and-click when editing. Design widgets gives you the ability to create menus, site navigation, bestsellers, customer reviews, and so much more. There are a bunch of tree themes that you can use and you can customize landing, sales, and conversion pages. All themes gives you full control to the HTML and CSS code.
- Products & Merchandising – Unlimited product groups, kits, options, variants, help customers easily find the product they are looking for. You can even add products that customers can customize with logos or engraving. Product management is done straight from your account dashboard, you can easily add, edit, and delete products or simply use mass-edit tools or CSV files to edit & add products in bulk.
- SEO and Marketing Tools – Powerful optimization tools for search engines. Each page gives you full control over your SEO, add meta keywords & descriptions.
- Conversion Tools – Turn visitors into buyers with discounts, promotions, suggested & related items, top sellers, customer reviews and more. You also have conversion reports on your dashboard.
- Payment Gateways – There are over 50 payment gateways including Bank of America, Authorize.Net, PayPal, and many more.
- Store Management Tools – Manage all aspects of your store in your store dashboard. Send customers special quoted pricing by email and give them the ability to purchase directly within the email. Mass import orders, customers, products, tracking, inventory, and more. You can even create orders for your customers and take phone orders.There are tons of integration apps and tools that give you additional features.
- Security – Free shared SSL certificate is included with every plan. They have invested thousands of dollars to avoid any security risks within any part of their software. You can be sure that your business and customers are protected.
These are some of the features, you view full features by visiting AmeriCommerce.
Theme Selection – There are several free themes that look somewhat decent, but considering that you have full control over customization, most of them can easily be tweaked to match your business. AmeriCommerce should update the themes and have more of a selection available. Here is a look at all of their free themes:
Ease of Use
The AmeriCommerce software is somewhat easy to use, but it might need some adjusting for users that are migrating from different carts and what not. Everything is done right from your dashboard page. However, it seems like everything is smashed together and might get a bit confusing and overwhelming for you newbies out there. Other than that, the software is pretty straightforward but can use some updating as it has an old-school type of look.
Help and Support
The customer support team is available Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm CST via phone and email. Most of the time, you will be able to find answers to your questions by visiting their knowledge base that includes guides, training videos, and community forums. Overall, the customer support team is very knowledgeable and customer-oriented.
Pros and Cons
✓No transaction fees
✓50+ payment gateways
✗Limited amount of themes
✗Needs update on account dashboard (old-school look)
✗No 24/7 customer support
No matter if you are a small or large business, AmeriCommerce has the right plan for you and your budget. There is a lot of shopping cart on the market today, but AmeriCommerce stands out from its competition mainly due to its low pricing and quality features.
If you want a decent ecommerce platform that gives you the ability to grow, I recommend that you take advantage of their services and start your 14-day risk-free trail today.