Hundreds of clients ask me whether 3DCart is right for their business. The answer is very clear, 3DCart is right for any type of business that is looking for a quick way to start selling online. It’s ease of use and features make this shopping cart one of the best. The shopping cart has adapted well to the changing ecommerce industry. It has also introduced the new 3DCart version 4 which brings additional features and 10 new templates.
3DCart fairs well against it’s major competition, edging out several shopping carts. However, BigCommerce, Volusion, and Shopify still stay on top when it comes to eCommerce
Our 3DCart Review 2013 will go over the basics for this shopping cart and even show you some pros and cons about the software.
3DCart Primary Features
3DCart has the same all around features across all of its plans. However, there are added tools for the more expensive plans. All the features are standard features that every shopping cart must have. Some exclusive features include:
- Predictive search
- Ship to multiple locations
- Gift registry
- Single page checkout
- Automatically follow-up with customers for reviews and failed orders
- Integrated blog
- Facebook store
- Sharing buttons
- Over 80 payment gateways including PayPal, Google Wallet, Authorize.Net, and 2Checkout
- Mobile commerce
- Smart category technology
- Drag ‘n’ drop design tools
- SEO tools
- Affiliate program
- Coupons, promotions, and gift certificates
- Comparison shopping feeds
- Automatic customer return system
- Drop shipping
- 80+ free templates
- RSS feeds
New features introduced in 3DCart version 4 release in May 2013 include:
- Group deals
- Daily deals
- Make an offer
- Quick view and quick cart
- Group coupons
- Recently viewed items
- 10 new templates
- Added new partners and payment options
The complete feature list can be found by clicking here.
You have over 60 free templates to choose from. I was a bit surprised that they would have that many professional looking free templates. Many of the templates do not need any updating other than putting in your information and such. Considering that there is over 60 templates, there will be something that matches every business in some way. If you cannot find any templates that you like, you can purchase premium templates starting at $99.
Search Engine Optimization Tools
3DCart has the SEO tools needed for your site to rank high on search engines. With friendly links, page titles, and alt tags, all take contribute to higher search engine ranking. Even the shopping feeds are search engine optimized. You have full control over page titles, keywords, and more. The integrated blog that comes with all plans will also contribute to the ranking of your store.
To be honest, 3DCart has one of the best marketing tools on the market in 2013. You are entitled to coupons, promotions, gift registries, and gift certificates. Email newsletter manager helps you promote your store and keep customers up-to-date with new releases. 3DCart takes marketing of your store to the next level with the use of gift certificates and your own affiliate program.
3DCart – Plans and Pricing
First thing’s first, we all want to know what we will be paying for the software before looking at anything else. Each 3DCart plan starts you off with a 15 day free trail. 3DCart has five monthly plans ranging from $19.99 per month to $129.99 per month. You are eligible for a 15% discount if you decide prepay for the year. Here is the breakdown of their plans:
- Mini Plan – $19.99 per month and entitles you to 100 products, 2 GB of data transfer, and $125 in advertising credits ($100 Amazon and $25 Bing Ads).
- Starter Plan – $35.99 per month and entitles you to 500 products, 4 GB of data transfer, $125 in advertising credits ($100 Amazon and $25 Bing Ads), and includes extra features like free domain registration, autoresponder, daily deals, make an offer, and email marketing for up to 2,000 users per month.
- Professional Plan – $65.99 per month and is considered their most popular plan. It entitles you to 1,000 products, 8 of GB data transfer, $150 in advertising credits ($100 Amazon and $50 Bing Ads), and includes extra features like free domain registration, autoresponder, daily deals, make an offer, and email marketing for up to 5,000 users per month. The plan also gives you a live chat plugin.
- Professional+ Plan – $99.99 per month and entitles you to 5,000 products, 25 of GB data transfer, $175 in advertising credits ($100 Amazon and $75 Bing Ads), and includes extra features like free domain registration, autoresponder, daily deals, make an offer, and email marketing for up to 25,000 users per month. This plan gives you the live chat plugin and extra tracking tools including enhanced statistics, 3dROI tracking. It’s also fully integrated with Quickbooks.
- Power Plan – $129.99 per month and entitles you to unlimited products, 45 GB of data transfer, $175 in advertising credits ($100 Amazon and $75 Bing Ads), and includes extra features like free domain registration, autoresponder, daily deals, make an offer, and email marketing for up to 50,000 users per month. This plan gives you the live chat plugin and extra tracking tools including enhanced statistics, 3dROI tracking. It’s also fully integrated with Quickbooks.
Ease of Use
From the free trail setup to managing your store, 3DCart gives simplicity to its users. Setting up your store has never been easier and 3DCart goes the extra mile and gives you recommended steps that should be completed. Everything is done right from your account dashboard – process orders, manage returns, add products.
Help and Support
I have been in the ecommerce industry for a while now, andhave not seen a better support team than this. 3DCart in-house help and support is located in the United States. They are available 24/7 via phone, live chat, and email. You can find solutions to most of your problems by visiting their videos, tutorials, knowledge base containing frequently asked questions, and forum.
Pros and Cons
✓No transaction fees
✓Plans start at $19.99 per month
✓60+ payment gateways
✓24/7 customer support
✗Low bandwidth limits
✗Blog needs updating
3DCart is right for every business whether its small or large. You have unlimited growth potential. The features included with every plan will make your store stand out and be ready for the market in 2013. With a huge selection of free templates, every business will find its own unique match.